Our classes utilize the Learn to Skate USA program. This basic skills learned in the program will prepare you for any path you choose to take your skating, whether that be recreational, figure skating, hockey or speed skating. Our classes are taught by well qualified figure skating coaches, are taught in a safe environment and strive to prepare you for success, create memories, build confidence and fulfill dreams!
Learn to Skate Levels Offered By Day:
- 12:00pm-12:30pm Homeschool Snowplow 1-4 & Basic 1-2
- 12:30pm-1:00pm Homeschool Basic 3-6, Pre Free Skate-Free Skate 6
- 5:15-5:45pm Snowplow 1-4, Basic 1
- 5:45-6:15pm Basic 2-6
- 6:15-6:45pm Pre Free Skate-Free Skate 6, Adult 1-6
- 10:30am-11:00am Adult Coffee Club Adult 1-6
- 11:00-11:30am Parent and Me
- 11:00am-11:30am Ice Explorers, Snowplow 1-4, Basic 1
- 11:30am-12:00pm Basic 2-6
12:00pm-12:30pm / Pre-Freeskate – Freeskate 6, Adult 1-6
As you progress through the Basic Skill levels, we offer several Specialty Classes for figure skaters, including our Junior Academy, Aspire Academy, and Axel Class. Please see our Specialty Class page for information and schedules. Learn to Skate Specialty Classes
$200.00 + Tax
All Classes includes 30 minute lesson, skate rental and a pass for 8 public sessions or LTS practice ice sessions, to be used during learn to skate season.
LATE REGISTRATION POLICY: Pre Registration for classes is required. If you sign up after the first day of your class, you will be charged a $10.00 late fee . Registrations close after the second week of classes.
Make Up Policy
For consistency in learning, it is best to come to your assigned classes for each week. However, we understand situations arise. If you find yourself needing to miss a class, you can schedule a make up class, by emailing the Skating Director or calling the arena. A maximum of two make up lessons per session.
Refund & Credit Policy:
- Payment for a session is due prior to the first class in the session.
- Bremerton Ice Center does not offer credits, refunds or carryovers for no-shows, cancellations or missed classes within a session.
- If classes are canceled by the Bremerton Ice Center, participants will be offered a make up for each class missed. If for some reason the Bremerton Ice Center is unable to make up missed classes, a prorated account credit for the missed classes will be placed on the skaters account to be used for any BIC programs offered.
- If a full or partial program is canceled by the Bremerton Ice Center, participants will be offered a full refund or account credit for the remaining dates in the session.
- Cancellations prior to a session starting are 100% refundable if more than 5 days in advance. Cancellations prior to a session starting are 50% refundable between 4 days and 24 hours in advance of the session starting. Cancellations within 24 hours of a session starting, or during a session will not be refunded with the exception of a session ending injury/illness with a physician’s note. (Credits for classes missed due to session ending injury/illness will be issued as a credit on the skater’s account which can be used for any BIC programs offered).
Learn to Skate Class Descriptions:
Ice Explorers is designed for our youngest skaters age 2.5-3.5 years old. This class utilizes off ice activities/games to help the skaters feel as confident as possible, before we hit the ice!
The Snowplow Sam levels are introductory classes that are divided into four progressive levels allowing children ages 3-5, with no skating experience, to build confidence while learning the basic skills of skating. The skills are designed to teach agility, balance, coordination and speed.
Basic Skills classes teach the FUNdamentals of ice skating and provides the best foundation for figure skating, hockey and speed skating. The six progressive levels introduce forward and backward skating, stops, edges, crossovers and turns.
Each of the free skate levels are comprised of a variety of progressive skating skills, transitions, spins and jumps – all of which build on the previous skill, giving the skater a strong foundation of all elements.
The adult curriculum is designed for both beginning and experienced adult skaters who wish to improve their skating skills. The skills in these levels help promote physical fitness, improve balance and coordination, while teaching proper skating techniques.